http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/12/business/heated-chemotherapy-bath-may-be-only-hope-for-some-cancer-patients.html?_r=2&ref=health&pagewanted=all
This is a very interesting article that details (and even provides a slideshow) about the HIPEC procedure that we hoped Blake would receive last spring. We all know how that turned out....
This article shows the controversy in the procedure but also gives a fairly-good overview of the procedure itself. You may even want to check out the slideshow. It's really isn't too graphic.
Dr. Whisenant feels we may be able to revisit the idea this coming spring. But with Blake tolerating treatment as well as he has, why fix it if it's not broken? Right now, he's still on a chemo break but I'm not sure how much longer it will last. He's starting to get symptoms of.... something amiss.... Who knows what it is, but I'm guessing they'll schedule a scan soon. We see Dr. W this afternoon & I'll let you know how it goes.
In the meantime.................
Live, Love & Laugh!! :)
Kathy
P.S. They're scanning Blake on Tuesday. Don't know the tumor marker yet - machine malfunction? We should have it on Monday. I'll update when we know more.
No comments:
Post a Comment