Sorry I haven't post anything for a while......... things @ our house have been pretty normal! I have mentally taken a cancer break & haven't wanted to talk much about the subject. Since Blake has done much better then anyone could have imagined, it's been pretty easy to do. To those friends in the cancer world, sorry I've been out of touch, I just need to take a break.
As much as I'd like to ignore it, the battle continues. Blake will have his 59th chemo treatment next week and then will be scanned mid-April. Hopefully, the scan will show that things remain stable. Dr. W. wants Blake to take a break - the last time he suggested a break, Blake kindly refused. This time, he may not have a choice. Dr. W. really wants Blake to focus on his quality of life.
Our whole family is so grateful that Blake/Dad/Papa is as strong and determined as he is! He's gone through absolute HELL and back and continues to fight with all he has. His will to live is amazing!
March is national colorectal cancer month. While not celebrated as much as the pink month, colorectal awareness is incredibly important. Like the commercial says, "had I not gotten the scan, my life would have been ruined; absolutely ruined!" or, "had my Dad gotten a colonoscopy when he was 50, he would be here today...."
Are you over 50? Have you had your colonoscopy? Do you have stomach troubles? Maybe you should have a colonoscopy!?! Please, please, please - get one if you need it. Blake will tell you that the worst part of it is the prep. Don't be ignorant...... get it scheduled today! Here, I'll make it easy for you, call Mountain West Gastroenterology (801-783-2785) and schedule an appt. Dr. Sossenheimer & Dr. Fenton are great docs. I'm sure the others are great too - but we are familiar with these two. In fact, Dr. Sossenheimer is the one who found Blakes cancer. Their office is located in the Old Mill Clinic @ 6360 South 3000 East.
Take care everyone! Enjoy Spring!!
Love, Kathy
Guess What Color Colon Cancer is?? Nope, not brown dummy, BLUE !! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment