It's been more then 6 months since my last post.... sorry.
April 24th marked the 5 1/2 year mark since his diagnosis. YES! Like I've said before, nobody thought he'd still be here; let alone living life on his terms. He is an amazing man.
As much as we've tried to stay ahead of it, the cancer gained control & the last 6 months has not been easy. Pain has been a real problem but, thankfully, is now (finally) under control. Last fall & again in January, Blake told his boss that he needed to find his replacement. In February, Blake was replaced as operations manager and April 5th was Blake's last official day of work. He's "retired," bored silly and hating it!
According to his last PET scan, the beast has now made it to his lungs - he has "multiple nodules" in both lobes. The abdominal & pelvic tumors have multiplied and even the 6th rib is showing suspicion of cancer. So, after a 3 month chemo break it was time to start up again. It's crazy, I think he's approaching or has passed 70-80 treatments and this last one was the "worst ever" according to Blake. It's tough seeing him so sick, in pain & confused. I wonder, when is enough, enough? I'm not sure how much more he can take. It's very obvious he's been affected greatly, he's lost over 50 pounds and is very weak and tired.
In light of all this, he looks absolutely great! You would never know he was sick & had this dang disease. If you ask him how he's doing, more then likely he'll tell you, GREAT! He's tried really hard to put MIND over matter; it's hard to keep a strong man down.
I love and adore this Man.
Kathy and Blake,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you two have to fight this horrible disease. It is so unfair. I think of you both often. Lots of prayers will be sent your way.
Lynne
Amazing is what the two of you are and have been. Blake you continually amaze me and Kathy, you do as well. I pray for you both every day and admire your strength and unity. May God continue to bless you both and know that you are loved and respected.
ReplyDeleteLove always,
Terri